North Delta Minor Hockey is a volunteer run association
Every family with a player in the association is expected to take on a role, either at the team or association level, to ensure that we can provide recreational and competitive hockey to North Delta youths at a reasonable cost.
Thinking of volunteering as a team official or board member - Read below
Members who intend to serve in the following capacities must meet specific requirement before being confirmed in their roles:
- Board members
- Coaches and Assistant Coaches
- Hockey Canada Safety Person
- On-Ice Volunteers
- Team Managers
Please reach out to the contacts below to let us know of your interest in stepping up to these roles:
- Board members: Risk Manager, email@example.com
- Coaches and Assistant Coaches: Coach Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Safety persons, On-ice Volunteers and Team Managers for U7-U21 Rec C (recreation) teams: these will be coordinated with the relevant division managers and our VP2, email@example.com.
- Safety persons, On-ice Volunteers and Team Managers for U11-U21 Rep A (competitive) teams: these will be coordinated with the VP1 through each team's head coach at the conclusion of rep tryouts/rep camps
The minimum requirements that will need to be met are:
- Criminal Record Check - vulnerable sector check: Valid for up to 3 years - If you haven't already done so, please install the BC Services Card mobile app and have your identity verified ahead of time for a more streamlined experience.
- Respect in Sports for activity leader: Valid for up to 5 years.
The Concussion Awareness Training will also be required for roles with access to the bench or the ice.
Additional requirements for the roles of coaches, assistant coaches and hockey canada safety person will be communicated to those individuals by the relevant coordinator when they are confirmed into those roles.
You will be provided with instructions on how to completed these, at no cost to you, once the relevant coordinators confirm you in the roles. North Delta Minor Hockey will not reimburse expenses that are incurred getting these without following our instructions.