Speak Out is an educational program to impact the attitudes, skills and knowledge of persons in contact with players that will result in a safe and sportsmanlike environment for all. Speak out is a 4 hour clinic for all Team Officials which includes Coaching Staff, HCSP's, Team Managers. NDMHA strongly recommends all persons in contact with any minor hockey player to take a Speak Out Clinic.
In 2009-2010 season, a new on-line course was implemented called Respect in Sport (RIS) instead of attending a speak out clinic.
HCSP (Trainer) Clinics
The HCSP Clinic is an 7 hour risk manager and safety program, which utilizes a proactive, preventative, common sense approach to keeping our children safe. Team player safety is the first priority at all times, both on and off the ice. The HCSP is responsible for all injuries of players and ensure proper procedures are in place and must assume a leadership role in promoting the values of safety, fair play and integrity.
The HCSP must be re-certified within 3 years if taken prior to August 31/08.
For anyone taking the clinic after August 31/08, the re-certification will be every 6 years.
All ND Hockey teams are required to have two HCSP per team.
(See below for online registration.)
A1 and A2 Head Coaches AND Assistant Coaches require Development 1. (See below for online registration.)
Recreational or C Head Coaches and assistant coaches require Coach Stream ( Hybrid).
Hockey 1-4 coaches and assistant coaches require a minimum Inititation Level (Recommend the Hybrid).
If you have attended a clinic previously or in the case of a player, you must contact the registrar at the ND Hockey Office BEFOREyou register for any clinics, to get your PERSONAL HOCKEY ID NUMBER.
If you are new adult/coach and have never taken a clinic before, you do not need to contact the registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org as you will need to set up your own personal profile off the BC Hockey website (link) below.
- Go to http://www.bchockey.net/Clinics/clinics.aspx
- Select the type of clinic you would like to register for
- Select the name of clinic (i.e. officiating, HCSP, Dev 1, Hybrid, Speak out.)
- Scroll to the clinic location of your choosing
- Click Sign up
- Log on with your personal Hockey ID number if you have previously register OR set up an account if you have not previously registered.
- You will need your Visa # or Mastercard # to register on-line.
- Once you have completed the clinic, you will then be given a receipt to be submit to your Team Treasurer for your refund.